I’m a University Student, and so cost should be a huge concern to me in every aspect of my life. However, I feel like Skincare and Makeup is when the cost of things can get a little out of control, without you even realising. And when I got all the products I use on an everyday basis together in one space and plussed the price of everything up together, I was completely shocked at how much it was.
Now, my makeup and skincare is less than some people, but then a lot more than others, and so this may seem like a lot or a little to me, but I found this really interesting.
Here’s what I use on an everyday basis – if I was to apply my ‘Everyday Makeup Look’
- Garnier Micellar Water £3.29
- Garnier Toner £2.09
- Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Moisturiser £2.79
- Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream £8.99
- Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer £10.99
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation £7.99
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer £5.49
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder £8.99
- Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer £5.99
- Model Co Blush £15
- Revolution Ultra Sculpt Contour Palette £3
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo £4.99
- Miss Sporty Eye Shadow Quad £2.99
- Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner £7
- L’Oreal False Lash Sculpt £9.99
- Collection Divin Volume Lash (for bottom lashes) £4.99
- Mac Lipstick £15.50
- Maybelline Baby Lips £2.99
- Elizabeth Arden Eye and Lip Cream £26
- Merumaya Youth Preservation Moisturiser £31.50
- Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream £8.66
Now to me, this was a huge shock?! I know to some people this is nothing, and some people spend that much on one item alone. However, considering less than a year ago I was only wearing concealer and mascara, to me this is a huge leap!
I hope you enjoyed this, and found it insightful to think about things in terms of how much they’re worth. Now of course, to me I would say this is worth it, but then again, this is where I spend a large chunk of my money.