I’m a University Student, and so cost should be a huge concern to me in every aspect of my life. However, I feel like Skincare and Makeup is when the cost of things can get a little out of control, without you even realising. And when I got all the products I use on an everyday basis together in one space and plussed the price of everything up together, I was completely shocked at how much it was.
Now, my makeup and skincare is less than some people, but then a lot more than others, and so this may seem like a lot or a little to me, but I found this really interesting.
Here’s what I use on an everyday basis – if I was to apply my ‘Everyday Makeup Look’
- Garnier Micellar Water £3.29
- Garnier Toner £2.09
- Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Moisturiser £2.79
- Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream £8.99
- Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer £10.99
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation £7.99
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer £5.49
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder £8.99
- Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer £5.99
- Model Co Blush £15
- Revolution Ultra Sculpt Contour Palette £3
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo £4.99
- Miss Sporty Eye Shadow Quad £2.99
- Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner £7
- L’Oreal False Lash Sculpt £9.99
- Collection Divin Volume Lash (for bottom lashes) £4.99
- Mac Lipstick £15.50
- Maybelline Baby Lips £2.99
- Elizabeth Arden Eye and Lip Cream £26
- Merumaya Youth Preservation Moisturiser £31.50
- Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream £8.66
Now to me, this was a huge shock?! I know to some people this is nothing, and some people spend that much on one item alone. However, considering less than a year ago I was only wearing concealer and mascara, to me this is a huge leap!
I hope you enjoyed this, and found it insightful to think about things in terms of how much they’re worth. Now of course, to me I would say this is worth it, but then again, this is where I spend a large chunk of my money.
12 thoughts on “How Much is Your Face Worth?”
Great post! 🙂
Wow this is so interesting! I never thought about calculating how much money I’m “putting on my face” thanks for sharing!! I’m gonna try this out and see my worth. Hahaha.
Haha. Let me know when you do 🙂 xx
Oh I am not sure that I want to know how my face worth ! haha
Great post !
I know I was a little scared…
Wow this is really something to consider! I think I might do this for myself!
xo Millie http://www.modishrambling.com
I know! And let me know if you do x
I never thought about adding it all up and seeing how much money I actually use – in saying that though, the products used aren’t used in one go so I guess it’s not all tooo much 🙂
Haha true 🙂