Diana Ching from Pretty in Skin left a comment in a recent asking about my tips for helping your blog grow. Now I’m not saying I’m an expert. I’ve been at this a long time, and only have 1500 subscribers. However, I gained most of them in the last year and I’ve still learnt a lot along the way. Think of me as the one who’s made all the mistakes so you don’t have to!
So here are my top 10 tips blogging tips!
1. Don’t underestimate a schedule, when I stick to one is when I see the most growth. Be that one post every Monday or everyday at 4pm, find something that works for you and stick to it.
2. But also don’t force it. I’m really bad at this… when I used to post everyday (which I did for about 6 months) I often went through stages where my content got stagnant and pretty naff, and my stats reflected this
3. Don’t underestimate social media, I get a lot of views through Instagram when I remember to use it and Twitter too. This is really an aspect of blogging I’m behind on the game on, but I’m really getting in my instagram atm, so go give it a follow (@katieemmabeauty)
5. Join Bloglovin’! My blog views pretty much doubled when I signed up for this. It’s a way for people who don’t have WordPress (the blogging platform I use) to read your blog without having the clog up their inbox
6. And that brings me onto my next point… get WordPress. I used to be on Blogger, and while it has it’s advantages (being tied into all your other Google accounts for example), WordPress is just the place to be. The platform is smart, simple (but can be more complex if you want), the subscription system is amazing and you’re onto a winner!
7. Name your blog photos something relevant to the post. This has something to do with SEO (how easy your blog is to find when searched on search engines). I have to say, I really don’t get this, and there are definitely bloggers out there who have got this down to a T. But naming your images something related to what they are is a really great place to start!
8. Engage with other bloggers. Blogging should be a passion, it should be something you love, and the community should be something you want to be a part of. The internet is full of smart, wonderful, and so kind people who will support you and you them. Your blog will really thrive in being part of the community.
9. Photography isn’t everything but make sure your photos are as bright and attractive as possible. It’s no secret that people edit their photos. I brighten mine, using an app on my Mac called Photoscape X (it’s free I’d recommend it!)
10. Find your style. Write in a way that’s true to you and you’re comfortable with. That way it’ll come across well and it will be consistent which means people will know what to expect
Hope they help! Let me know your tips and tricks down below