Diana Ching from Pretty in Skin left a comment in a recent asking about my tips for helping your blog grow. Now I’m not saying I’m an expert. I’ve been at this a long time, and only have 1500 subscribers. However, I gained most of them in the last year and I’ve still learnt a lot along the way. Think of me as the one who’s made all the mistakes so you don’t have to!
So here are my top 10 tips blogging tips!
1. Don’t underestimate a schedule, when I stick to one is when I see the most growth. Be that one post every Monday or everyday at 4pm, find something that works for you and stick to it.
2. But also don’t force it. I’m really bad at this… when I used to post everyday (which I did for about 6 months) I often went through stages where my content got stagnant and pretty naff, and my stats reflected this
3. Don’t underestimate social media, I get a lot of views through Instagram when I remember to use it and Twitter too. This is really an aspect of blogging I’m behind on the game on, but I’m really getting in my instagram atm, so go give it a follow (@katieemmabeauty)
5. Join Bloglovin’! My blog views pretty much doubled when I signed up for this. It’s a way for people who don’t have WordPress (the blogging platform I use) to read your blog without having the clog up their inbox
6. And that brings me onto my next point… get WordPress. I used to be on Blogger, and while it has it’s advantages (being tied into all your other Google accounts for example), WordPress is just the place to be. The platform is smart, simple (but can be more complex if you want), the subscription system is amazing and you’re onto a winner!
7. Learn SEO. I know it can feel like such a minefield at first, but even mastering a bit of it will make the biggest difference.
8. Engage with other bloggers. Blogging should be a passion, it should be something you love, and the community should be something you want to be a part of. The internet is full of smart, wonderful, and so kind people who will support you and you them. Your blog will really thrive in being part of the community.
9. Photography isn’t everything but make sure your photos are as bright and attractive as possible. It’s no secret that people edit their photos. I brighten mine, using an app on my Mac called Photoscape X (it’s free I’d recommend it!)
10. Find your style. Write in a way that’s true to you and you’re comfortable with. That way it’ll come across well and it will be consistent which means people will know what to expect
Hope they help! Let me know your tips and tricks down below
11 thoughts on “My Top 10 Blogging Tips”
Such a useful blog post lovely ! 💗
Thanks Holly x
Thank you for the honest tips. It’s a thoughtful post. You didn’t mention Pintrest. Did you have better luck with Insta?
I have used Pinterest, but I’m terrible at remembering to use it, so can’t really comment on it’s effectiveness x
Reblogged this on LIFE STORIES FROM LINCOLN.
Sticking to a schedule is so hard for me. I have a full time job and two young girls so finding time for my blog is really difficult. I love promoting my blog on Instagram as well, but again, I need the time to do all this! Great tips!
Good luck 🤞 x
This was a fantastic post! Super informative and well written. Also a reminder that I really need to use social media more.
Aww thanks xx
Great post! I just joined Bloglovin based on your recommendation. Thank you.
Awww fab! X