When I first got this product, it was new. And then I completely forgot to review it, took a break on the blog, and now it’s been around for a while. But either way, I thought I would share my thoughts with you either way! Today we have the Maybelline The Falsies Lash Lift Mascara.
We all know Maybelline can do mascaras – their Lash Sensational is an iconic product, and I will continue to purchase it for the foreseeable future – and at £9.99 it makes it that bog standard drugstore prices so things are looking good! The packaging is simple and to the point and there is a little bit of weight to it (making it not feel cheap and cheerful!)
Here’s the claim on the website:
A mascara that looks better than a Salon Lash Lift?! Lengthen and lift lashes for the look of a lash lift –from a tube! Achieve long, lifted lashes in an instant with the new Falsies Lash Lift Mascara from Maybelline.
- Instant Lash Lift Effect: Better than a Salon Lash Lift (LVL) all in a tube!!
- Fiber Infused Formula: Lifts and coats all lashes giving your lashes the salon lash lift effect but without the hassle and for a fraction of the price!
- Double Curved Brush: Unique brush made especially to lengthen and volumise lashes
- Dramatic Length & Volume: Different to all the other mascara’s this locks dramatic length instantly due to the double curved brush and fiber infused formula.
- All day wear: Just remove with your favourite makeup remover, suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes
So you know big claims. They’re claiming that they offer lift, thickness, length and long wearing… like anything else you want to add in there guys?
In their defence this is a good mascara.It gives bold long and super black lashes that look thick. I wouldn’t say there’s the biggest amount of lift or curl, but it also doesn’t make your eyelashes drop throughout the day, so it doesn’t really bother me! If you give your lashes a good curl with an eyelash curler then you’re all sorted! It has one of those packed, thick and big applicators that you do have to be careful with, as you can end up getting mascara everywhere, but it also does mean you can get it on the lashes super quickly!
There is a tiny bit of flaking throughout the day, but I do have hayfever, so this happens with pretty much every mascara.
Would I rebuy it? Like I wouldn’t not buy it, but I really do just prefer the applicator on the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara! I prefer the plastic style bristles because I find them cleaner and easier to use!
Have you tried these mascara? I feel like no ones talked about it!