With a new year comes the incentive to try new things. I found this recipe on BBC Food and decided to give it a go, it’s actually incredibly simple, and I changed a few things to make it actually nicer. And if you like cheesy pasta bakes, this is definitely one for you!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Sausages, meet squeezed out and rolled into balls
- 3 Eggs
- 50g Parmesan (I just used Cheddar…), plus extra to serve
- 300g Spagetti
- 1 Head Broccoli, broken into florets
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Cook the broccoli, and set aside, keeping 1 cup of water from cooking the broccoli.
- Mould the sausage meat into little meat balls
- In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the sausageballs until golden, moving them around in the pan frequently. Meanwhile, mix together the eggs, cheese and some seasoning with a fork in a jug.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sausage pan. Toss everything together, then add the egg mixture. Stir the sauce through the pasta for 1-2 mins. The heat from the pan will cook the sauce – if it is too thick, use a little of the reserved cooking water to thin it. Divide between pasta bowls and serve with extra cheese.
It’s actually a delicious recipe!