So I’m now 21!!! AHHH!!! I’m not old!!! AHHH!
Ok. Excitement over. But I feel like, even though only 21, I’ve lived through a lot. And here are 21 things I’ve learnt in 21 years. – Yeah, my Birthday was yesterday! Whoops!
- Bad times have to exist to make the good times feel, well, good.
- Love at first sight doesn’t exist. Not really.
- There is nothing more satisfying for the soul than people watching and listening to good music.
- If something is making you miserable, stop doing it.
- Money really does make the World go round – though no one will admit it.
- Your bed is actually the best place in the World; it’s comfortable, warm, and you get to sleep in it!
- It’s ok not to be perfect at everything.
- Makeup is not that scary thing that you won’t ever be able to comprehend.. it turns out you’re actually quite good at it.
- You don’t like alcohol. You don’t have to yourself to drink it to fit in.
- White chocolate and vanilla M&S Milkshakes are the most delicious things in the Universe.
- If you keep painting your nails, then you’ll stop chewing them (yes, I know) and they’ll get stronger at lot faster.
- McDonalds is a great first time job, and a great place to start growing, but move on. Seriously.
- Don’t buy all those YSL stuff on the plane to Turkey… you won’t like it, or use it…
- Freshers Year is the easiest year of your life.
- Netflix will be your best friend on many an evening.
- 100 Nail Polishes is not too many…
- Although you hate it and you throw a strop every time you go, the gym actually makes you feel a lot more awake, healthy and youthful.
- Blu-Tack stains walls… really badly.
- Through everything you will have that one best friend who will be there for you through whatever.
- Marriage isn’t for forever. People break up. And it’s ok.
- Through whatever, love yourself because you are capable of a lot more than you think.
What have you learnt in your years on this Earth?