I’ve recently discovered this recipe, as I made it for my dad for Father’s Day (as he is completely obsessed with fudge and stodgy, chocolatey, sweet puddings). It’s absolutely delicious and really easy to make, so I thought I just HAD to share it with you. Let me know if you make it for yourself!
- 4oz Chocolate (chopped)
- 10oz Unsalted Butter (cut into pieces)
- 8oz Granulated Sugar
- 6oz Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350DegF or 180DegC and grease a 12-square brownie pan or 8-inch square pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over a medium-low heat, keep stirring until it’s melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the granulated and brown sugar into the mixture until dissolved.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time and add the vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until evenly combined.
- Put mixture into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top of the brownie loses its shine.
- Cool the brownies for about an hour before removing from the tin (allowing the brownie to set), then slice and serve. Yum!
My brownies kept for 4 days in a sealed container in the fridge, and I found leaving them in the fridge for a day actually improved them. But I thought they were delicious, and a perfect cheeky treat at any point!