Food. Everyone’s favourite thing in life. Or it’s at least up there! And I decided to bake something a little different this week… partly because I really love baking, and also because I had some left over porridge oats… but also because I wanted to share it with you!
75g (3 oz) self raising flour
75g (3 oz) porridge oats
75g (3 oz) sugar
75g (3 oz) butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon milk
100g (3.5 oz) chocolate
1. Reheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. (That thing we always forget to do!
2. Sift flour into a bowl (or if you’re like me and don’t have a sift… put the flour in a bowl) and add the oats and sugar. Stir till mixed.
3. Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir until heated through.
4. Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
5. Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds. Space apart on the tray as the biscuits will expand.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Hey presto, biscuits! Let me know if you try these!