Looking back at 2018, it’s been a good year! I really fell in love with blogging, then out of love with it, and then back in love with it… it really does just go on a loop!
I started the year strong posting daily, which did last for about 6 months, but with the added pressures of climbing the career ladder at work, and then moving job, it just wasn’t feasible. So I cut back to 5 days a week and even then it has been tough – especially with the complete lack of light and the terrible lighting in my old flat!
However, enough about that, today we’re looking forward to 2019. I don’t think I have ever been more excited to start a year in my life! I’m living in the perfect flat, I have an amazing job, a super supportive family and group of friends and a budding relationship! I feel like this is going to be my year! So I’m going to set myself a few goals and targets (blogging wise) for the year; some easy to achieve, a few more a little further out there!
– Reach 5,000 monthly views | Probably doesn’t sound like much! But I keep peaking around 4,500 and I really just want to reach that seeming magic number!
– Reach 50,000 yearly views | Another target that probably isn’t that far away! Last year I had 43,768 views and those 6,232 views are easily achievable. I feel like you need goals you can achieve (to give you that boost) and then goals to really strive for (to give you that real drive!)
– Reach 2,500 followers | Now we’re getting there! But still a goal I very much hope to achieve! I started 2018 with 1,098 subs and I’m finishing the year with 1,544, so here’s to 2019!
– Post twice a week on Instagram | So this is less of a goal, and more of a kick up the bum! I’m dreadful at remembering to post on Instagram for more than a week at a time. It’s something I totally lose focus on all the time, hence why I keep getting so close to 500 followers over there and then completely losing focus!
– Reach 1000 followers on Instagram | Now is the time to be bold. I know I’m able to gain like 50 followers a month on Instagram in a week if I put my mind to it. I then loose them all again in the following weeks when I drop off the face of the earth… so hopefully reaching for this goal will drive me on!
– Start a new monthly series | I know how much you all love my month in lipstick series. Next year I’m definitely continuing with it, but do want to spice it up a little so it doesn’t get too repetitive (and you don’t get bored of seeing the same thing all the time!). But I’d love to start another blog series, which is mine, and I can own!
– Blog refresh | As I mentioned in my moving post, I’m really hoping the new year and new house can really spell a bit of a blog refresh for me. Still going to be posting the same kind of content (don’t worry), but I really want to be a bit more creative about the way I approach it… rather than just writing something so something goes live..
– Weekly Vlog 2019 | I’m so over sit down content… like I don’t mind it here or there, and I quite like having a bit of a traditional style video sandwiched in a vlog. But one thing I’ve realised from watching everone’s vlogmasses… I’m so much more a fan of vlogs than I am of your official sit down videos… and I’d love to document my 2019 over on my YouTube channel. But also not take it too seriously, it is a hobby for me and essentially I need to LOVE it!
– Work with 5 fantastic new brands | By work I don’t necessarily mean sponsored (I’m still yet to ever have a sponsored post), but I have been sent a few things here or there to try out with no obligation to post, and I’d love to work with 5 fantastic new brands across my blog or Instagram!
What are your 2019 goals?