These were great fun! They were super easy to make and look so cute hung up over my bed. I absolutely love them. And when I get to my university room, I have a feeling it will be covered in these….
Anyway, this is how I made these super cute ‘Easy Peasy Bunting’
What You Will Need
- Patterned Material
- Ribbon or String
- Needle and Thread or Fabric Glue
Method / How To
- Cut out and isosceles triangle from the card, using your pencil, ruler, scissors and card.
- Lay the card on your material and trace the triangle onto the back of your material (so that your don’t get the pencil marks on the front of your bunting)
- Cut out the triangle
- Repeat 2 and 3 as many times as you want, I cut out 10 triangles.
- Cut the length of string/ribbon you need to place your triangles on, making sure it’s the short side of the triangle on the string/ribbon. From now on, this will differ whether you are sewing or glueing. I can’t sew to save my life, and so the next steps are if you’re using glue. (Note: PVA glue will work as well as fabric glue, but your bunting won’t be as strong)
- Lay the triangles upside down, and lay the string/ribbon over the top of the triangles.
- Using a brush, coat the string/ribbon and the top of the triangles. (Note: the glue will soak through the material, and so be careful what your making this on. I used a varnished wooden table, and my glue was washable, and so when it dried I had to peel the material off, and then wipe down the surface with some soap and water.)
- Leave to dry.
- Your bunting is now finished, hang up somewhere, and it will look adorable.
I mean come on, aren’t they adorable! Let me know if you make them for yourself as I would love to see them!