Those of us in England will remember last weekend like a distant memory; the hottest early Mayday bank holiday on record supplying us with endless sunshine and warm weather. Alas, in a classic British way, it’s all over now, and it has been replaced with clouds, cold, and rain. So much rain. I mean it is Spring, and I live in England, what do I expect? But still!
So, I thought I would share with you today some of my favourite rainy day things to do;
1. Pamper Routine | Possibly the most stereotypical answer of all time, so I thought I would get it out of the way first. But I love having a nice bath or shower, getting super clean, then getting out, putting on a face mask, moisturising, putting some serum in my hair, blow drying, curling, anything and everything! I always watch YouTube while I’m doing it and literally take all the time in the world.
2. Bake | This is probably more specific for me, however, there’s something deeply satisfying and relaxing about baking. And, you get to eat both the batter mix AND the finished product! So win win if you ask me?
3. Organise | I’m an organising addict, I basically re-organise or declutter anything and everything I can find. But, when it’s Spring of course you Spring clean! And it makes you feel better!
4. Read | I mean, I also love doing this sat out in the sun. However, imagine this, tucked up in bed with a nice cuppa reading a great book? Sounds blissful right?
5. Blog | Be it writing, reading, exploring, analysing, planning, anything! Nothing beats a good few hours on WordPress… could literally waste the day away on it
6. Phone a Friend | No, this is not Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Just when it’s raining and you don’t want to leave your house, but you’re stuck home alone, there’s bound to be someone just like you somewhere else in the city/country/world. Give ’em a call, have a catch up, and watch the minutes and hours burn through (if you natter for a long time, I suggest Skype!)
7. Internet Window Shop | I’m not really an online shopper, never have been probably never will be. However, I do like scrolling down ASOS or Look Fantastic or whatever for inspo. And, lets face it, it’s a great way to waste the day away!
What are your rainy day activities? I mean, if you live in England you need quite the collection of things to do when it rains… just to stay sane!