I saw this tag on Beauty From Katie, and I know she didn’t start it, but I thought I would give credit where credit is due. I feel like I haven’t written anything personal in some time, so here are some answers to 50 questions I (probably) have never been asked…
1.What is your favourite candle scent?
I don’t really have one, but any scent with vanilla, orange or strawberry is is my complete favourite!
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Anna Kendrick. I think she is, hands down, the coolest person.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
I’m terrible at celebrity names… I have no idea…
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I have no idea, I would say a good couple of years let.. let’s go for 28.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
My grandmother is a serious hoarder, she has a tin of tuna in her house that went out of date in 1992… she’s moved house like 6 times since then…
6. Can you do the splits?
No… or a cartwheel… I kinda suck at that stuff
7. How old were you when you learnt to ride a bike?
No idea, all I know is I tried once.. failed… stropped.. watched my brother fail at it, while learning.. and then came back 6 months later and just aced it first time. It was how I learnt how to do things when I was younger.
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
Really not that many. The English Channel, and the Red Sea – neither of which are theoretically Oceans… I’m not well travelled.
9. How many countries have you visited?
UK (I live there, but I’ve been to Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland… and England, of course). France, Holland and Iceland on school trips. Ethiopia on a volunteer trip. And then Madeira, Egypt and Lanzerote on family holidays.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
I had a great grandfather in the navy.. but that’s the closest I’ve got.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I love the name Samantha, but it’s my nickname for my brother (Sam), so I’m not sure I can…
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
No idea, never decided on one.
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
I got a U in my Maths C1 mock (part of Alevel Maths)… I then got an A in my final exam…
14. What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
Looney Tunes. I feel like I was of the last few years of kids who could watch this (before it got cancelled)… freakin’ loved Looney Tunes
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I never celebrated Halloween…. and still don’t
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight Books?
I’ve read them all… I read Hunger Games before it became films.. because I’m that cool
17. Would you rather have an American or British accent?
I don’t have an accent, I feel like… but I guess you would call it standard British. I kind of like my accent, there’s nothing wrong with it..
18. Did your mother go to University?
Nope, I was the first person in my immediate family to go
19. Are your Grandparents still married?
My father’s parents are still married, my mum’s mother is just only recently widowed.. 🙁
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
21. Do you know who Kermit the Frog is?
Yes, and my brother owns a Kermit car (it’s green)
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
Err… probably… no idea, no one in my family likes rollercoasters, but I love them, so I really haven’t been to many, and most the ones I went to, I went with friends (when I was like 18)
23. What language beside your native language would you like to speak?
Italian. I’ve wanted to go to Italy for as long as I can remember, and I’d love to go travelling round it, and so Italian would be super helpful.
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray?
Other Katie used this phrase: grEy in England and grAy in America. So, as I’m english, I instinctively use grey.
25. Is your father bald?
No, but his hairline is definitely receding.
26. Do you know any triplets?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
To be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of either….
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
I’ve had what we class as Indian (i.e. curry), but that’s not what they actually eat in India… so I have no idea.
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
I love a Harvester, you can never go wrong with a Harvester. However, there’s a pub in the next village from where I live that does the best food! If any of you are ever in Bedfordshire (UK), let me know!
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Has any British person not been to Nandos…?
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores? (Costco, Bookers, etc?)
No, but my dad does! He has Costco and Bookers!
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
George… like the prince of England (or late King of England… haha!)
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
I’ve always wished my name was Katherine, making Katie a nickname… unfortunately not. So, I was often called Katiekins by my mum when I was younger.
34. Who is your favourite person in the world?
Honestly? My brother. I’ve had best friends (still do…), boyfriends, and everywhere in-between, but no ones stuck by me like he has
35. Would you rather live in the country or the city?
Well I live in the middle of nowhere, and work in the capitol (London), so it would be nice to live somewhere in the middle… or maybe even London for a few years while I’m still young.
36. Can you whistle?
Yes, actually pretty good at it
37. Do you sleep with a night light?
No, but I tend to have TV on while I fall asleep, so I guess the light of the monitor is a bit of light.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I do at the weekend, and then I kind of eat my ‘lunch’ throughout the morning/midday
39. What medical conditions do you have?
Hay fever… if that counts?
40. How many times have you been in hospital?
My brothers and I were in ALL THE TIME when we were growing up – I’ve been in a few times from being in a car accident, generally falling over, and I got attacked my a dog – a very accident prone child.
41. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Where do you buy your jeans?
Dorothy Perkins or New Look
43. What was the last compliment you received?
“you’ve always been clever, it’s why I’ve always had time for you” – Alex Hewitt (26/09)
44. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Sometimes, I either have a really odd dream that just has no logical reasoning, or my dreams are so realistic, I struggle to get over them…
45. What flavor tea do you enjoy?
I am a huge tea fan, bordering on obsessive, but only with English Breakfast tea… so British!
46. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Too many! I’ve had a JustFab subscription for a while, so I blame that!
47. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
I was raised loosely as a Christian, but I wouldn’t say I really follow any religion
48. How old were you when you found out santa wasn’t real?
I don’t exactly remember, I just remember being sat at the kitchen table with mum being like “do you believe in Santa?”, and me and my younger brother nodding our heads, and then mum saying “is that so you get more presents?”! haha
49. Why do you have a blog?
Why not? Love what I do
50. Name five of your favourite albums ever (in no particular order)
Ah! I’m so bad at this! I tend to get obsessed with songs/albums for like a month, and then move on… Let’s go with songs:
– All About Maggie – The Way You Make Me Feel (cover)
– Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness (Acoustic)
– Paramore – Hard Times
– Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
– Lorde – Royals
If you answer these questions, be sure to let me know! I would love to read your answers!