As I spend my last day as a student (I mean I’ve finished, but tomorrow is my graduation, meaning it’s all REALLY over), it’s making me think of the 18 years I’ve spent in education, which, as a 21 year old, is most of my life. And I realise there’s quite a lot about me you guys probably just don’t know!
- I used to be obsessed with horses – my childhood best friend and I were OBSESSED, both our parents looked into whether they could afford for us two to own one between the two of us. We were told, when we were about 10, that they would buy us a horse if we gave up all our christmas/birthday presents… for the horse’s life. N.B we never ended up getting a horse!
- I can’t eat fish – a weird one this, I used to eat fish when I was younger, then something happened (that I don’t remember), and now it makes me sick.. weird huh?
- I used to record covers on YouTube – they’re still up there, somewhere, hidden in the depths of YouTube. I think there are about 6 videos on that channel, and I had all of 20 subscribers, who were all basically family. But it was cute, and I was soo young!
- I have two brothers – I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned them before on this blog, but I have one younger brother (who’s 20), and one older brother (who’s 25), and I love them both fiercely. They have always been my best friends, and I tell them everything.
- I learnt to drive in 5 days – I did one of those crash course (yes, not a very good name), where you learn to drive in literally 5 days. It was intense, and I had a driving license despite having barely driven, but it worked for me, and I’ve been driving nearly 5 years now without an accident… so it obviously worked.
- I have a slight CD problem – I own an excessive number of CDs… like seriously the issue is real. I went through a real stage of going to CeX (a second hand tech store) and buying loads of CDs for like 50p… they’re bowing my CD shelf!
- I still have my child teddybear – possibly embarrassing, but it’s not like I’m walking around with it, it sits on my bed, and I cuddle it when I’m ill… even though I’m 21. It looks like it’s been through some serious wars, but I still love it all the same.
- I fail at playing the guitar – I play 3 other instruments, and I’ve always wanted to play the guitar. I own one, and for a few days I’ll play it religiously, and then I won’t for months… I’m seriously failing at learning to play the guitar!
- My eyeshadow brush collection is getting out of hand – Once upon a time I owned like 2 eyeshadow brushes, and I never wore eyeshadows. Now I have loads of eyeshadow palettes (which I can justify because they’re different colours), and loads of eyeshadow brushes, some of which are literally the same brush…. I don’t know why I have so many!
- I’d love to get to a point where I could do this once a week – I love my job, it’s so similar to my internship I had while at Uni, and I love going to work somewhere with people. But I would love to be able to take one day a week to devote to my blog. Which means I either need to earn a lot more, or start making money out of this. But, that’s the dream.
There ya go!