I’ve been daily blogging now for over 3 months – gee how the time passes – and it has been a lot of work, but not something I would ever give up. I just wanted to share with you all the reality of daily blogging;
1. You have to think of blog posts ALL the time – when you post everyday sometimes you find it so hard to think of new and exciting blog post ideas. I refer back to my 30/50/200 blog post ideas posts all the time, and reading through magazines and everything really helps.
2. It takes a lot of time – I am not a full time blogger, I study a degree, I have two part time jobs, and a number of other commitments. I am a hectically busy person, and finding time to produce all of these blog posts takes a lot of time.
3. It’s really hard to keep up the quality all the time – sometimes I find I’m posting blog posts that I feel aren’t actually 100% finished, and I would love to be able to read through just one more time. But I literally don’t have enough hours in the day.
4. It’s stressful – this is linked to the last 3 points. but it’s hella stressful and sometimes I sit there, staring at my laptop, thinking ‘why the hell am I doing this to myself?!
5. It’s grown my blog following ALOT – this is partly due to my ‘new in’ series I do, but my monthly figures are completely soaring at the moment. Seriously, it’s insane! And I am so happy about it!
6. Social media basically gets ignored – I try to keep up with it alongside blogging, but it’s obvious that I kept up with social media so much better when I only posted 3 times a week, and sometimes I consider going back just so that I can keep up with them again.
7. You get to blog all the time – could be considered a positive or negative, but I find I have a reason to blog all the time at the moment. And, personally, I love thinking, writing and putting together blog posts. I love seeing something in my head come down on paper.
8. You wouldn’t change it for the World – I know, super cheesy, however, I really want to make my blog work. And to do that I need to put a lot of work into it, so I would definitely not go back and stop posting everyday, and it’s 100% something I plan to do into the future.
Do you daily blog, if so what do you find is the best upside/downside?